WEEKLY CHECKLIST & ACTIVITIES
WEEK 1 SHOPPING LIST
- Sleep mask or blackout curtains
- Portable fan, white noise machine or white noise app
- Dimmer for bedroom lights or sleep-enhancing light bulb(s)
- Non-blue-light nightlight(s)
[Hack: If you don’t want to spend the money on a sleep mask or blackout curtains, a long-sleeved T-shirt can do the trick. Simply drape the sleeve across your eyes to block out light.]
WEEK 1 ACTIVITIES
- Commit to 30 days of quality sleep.
- Find a Sleep Champion to help hold you accountable and share your commitment.
- Create a sleep schedule.
- Prepare your bedroom for optimal sleep.
- Start practicing your new schedule.
- Reflect and share what a renewed commitment to sleep means to you.
WEEK 2 SHOPPING LIST
- A book you’d like to read
- Flux app for reducing blue light from screens or blue-light-blocking glasses
- (Optional) Sleep therapy light like the Philips Somneo Wake-Up and Sleep Therapy Light
- [Hack: Most cell phones and tablets have a night mode option. Set yours to switch into night mode in the evening to reduce blue light exposure.]
WEEK 2 ACTIVITIES
- Continue the work you did in Week 1.
- Start your new sleep schedule and stick with it every day this week.
- Ask your Sleep Champion to support you in forming new habits.
- Create a relaxing bedtime routine and stick with it every day this week.
- Sync your body to a better light/dark cycle.
WEEK 3 SHOPPING LIST
- Small notebook or diary
- (Optional) Fitbit, Apple Watch or other fitness tracker with diary function
WEEK 3 ACTIVITIES
- Continue best practices from Weeks 1 and 2.
- Weeks 3 and 4 can be mixed and matched for you to select what’s most useful to you. Pick your track: Week 3 covers food & exercise’s relationship to sleep. Week 4 covers mental stress and how to reduce it’s impact on your sleep.
- Keep a food diary.
- Experiment with different nighttime snacks to help support your sleep routine.
- Try gentle exercises as part of your pre-bedtime routine.
- Stress much? Start Week 4 Mental/Emotional exercises now. You don’t have to wait until Week 4 if this is an issue for you. Starting Week 4 sooner gives you more time to practice the provided tips.
- Don’t give up! This is the week people’s motivation can start to decline. Read Sleep30® Challenge testimonials for motivation.
- Check in with your Sleep Champion.
WEEK 4 SHOPPING LIST
- Small notebook or diary
WEEK 4 ACTIVITIES
- Continue all previous weeks’ goals and routines.
- Weeks 3 and 4 can be mixed and matched for you to select what’s most useful to you. Pick the remaining track: Week 3 covers food & exercise. Week 4 covers mental stress.
- Revisit your sleep schedule: Is it still working for you? What’s your schedule look like this week?
- Tweak your bedtime routine if needed.
- Try a gratitude journal to help you de-stress and find more peace.
- Experiment with breathing techniques that help promote sleep.
- Talk with your Sleep Champion about how you’re going to continue to get better sleep.